Sunday, April 18, 2010

The best laid plans.....

I woke up this morning thinking...today I am going to blow it! Today I am going to eat all the chocolate I can....and I dont care!!! I think TTOTM is coming!!!

So....I arose...got dressed and headed to the MEGA MALL!!! (quite literally...that is what it is called.....MEGA MALL!!!) At the Mega Mall you can walk for hours and will not have gone very far because of all the eateries, candy stores, donut shops, cake shops, restaurants etc. I was determined to eat one of everything!!

I started walking. I remembered I needed toothpaste, shampoo and a few other sundries....the food can wait...Ill get these first.
Then I remembered I wanted digital scales. Ill eat after I get the scales. Next it was a hair cut for His Highness Master 12....the food will come after that. After the haircut we had a wander...I made a mental list of all the food I was going to eat. Then it occured to me. If I want to eat all that chocolatey deliciousness, I would have to go back to where we started and down 4 floors!!! Was the chocolate worth it?? In my heart it was...In my head.....not so much!!

So....I left MEGA MALL chocolateless and feeling a little ripped off!!! LOL So on the way home stopped at the 7/11 and picked up a few things, determined to gorge on them when i got home.

I got home and opened the brand new digital scales...ooohhh sooo shiny...and stepped on them...just to make sure they were working...and wouldnt you know it!!! I am down 800 grams!!!! So.....the chocolates were passed onto HHM12 who was very appreciative and I went to the pool for a swim!!!

Am I craving them right now?? NOPE!!!! So, the best laid plans are not necessarily the ones that come to fruition!!! I was determined to eat junk all day....the universe I think had other plans for me!!!!!

Have a great week ahead!!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Aren't you glad the universe was looking out for you??
When I know that I can have ANYTHING in the world that I want - junk food wise - I never bother getting it. I think even though we feel like bad things, our brains are rewired enough to say no. Sometimes it's hard to say no though. hehee.
Good on you though. :o)

Kase said...

Good on you Sarah :) What a positive story - just what I needed to read when I'm contemplating going to the shop to get some junk to eat after a pretty ordinary day at work :) Keep fighting the good fight xo

Deb said...

You will thank yourself again all week for that decision. And you would be moaning an groaning right now if you'd given in!! Well done.
Glad the Sassy Water is helping. It amuses me that I drink it while working at SAS. You're the only person on here who would understand what SAS means! (I've never told you that we turned down jobs at ISM 10 years ago.)
How are you feeling now, after the operation?

Post a Comment